Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Late Night Music 12/08/09

TUESDAY DECEMBER 8th
Tonight's kind of a big deal.

Blakroc
11:30pm on Letterman (CBS)
This is the incredible side project from the already incredible Black Keys featuring Mos Def, the late ODB, Ludacris and Raekwon to name a few. I'm curious to see what this performance is going to consist of and who is going to appear. Obvious the Black Keys will be there and I'm guessing that it will be Mos Def and Jim Jones with them performing the song "Ain't Nothing Like You." I'm not usually wrong but I also wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely off about this one.

Jawbox
12:37am Fallon (NBC)
"Hey Brittni?"
"Yeah world?"
"I thought Jawbox was no longer a band."
"Yes, you're right. They broke up in '97."
"So what are they doing on Jimmy Fallon?"
THEY'RE PLAYING A ONE-NIGHT-ONLY PERFORMANCE!!
Now I predict that in 2010 we'll all read some article about how Jawbox is writing a new album and planning a nationwide tour. But as of now this is all that's in the cards for this band who's been off the grid for well over a decade. This is a can't miss performance if you're at all into post-hardcore, especially the DC scene. I have no idea what they'll be playing but I know they are celebrating the re-release of their album For Your Own Special Sweetheart so possibly something off of that? We'll see!!!

Passion Pit
12:05am on Kimmel (ABC)
If you know me at all you know I'm a Passion Pit fan.  They're local heroes where I'm from and my friends and I try to support them any way we can. Now if you've ever read my blog you know I HATE the Jimmy Kimmel Live stage. Oh well, you can't win 'em all. This should be a pretty awesome performance. These guys are constantly evolving in the way that they perform live and I think they've finally found some footing and have gotten really comfortable with what they've got to offer. I mean why shouldn't they be comfortable? They've circled Europe about 16 times now so they're pretty much seasoned vets.
UPDATE: They'll be playing "The Reeling" and "Little Secrets" so... watch it! Spring It!

No comments:

Post a Comment