Sunday, March 22, 2009

British Invasion Part Deux 3/24/09

TUESDAY MARCH 23!!!!!!!
The lineups are pretty dismal tonight. This is the only one I'm interested in. You should be too.

White Lies
11:30pm on Letterman (CBS)
This band is definitely a throwback to all those who came before them. If you haven't heard them before I suggest you check them out at least once. Their sound is familiar without being too cliche. I'm curious to see what their live show is like. I'm thinking they'll play "Farewell to the Fairground" which is only a safe bet because it's their latest single as of today. It's kind of dancey, kind of rocky, kind of... meh. I'm going to end by saying White Lies is definitely listenable, if not reminiscent of... a lot of established British bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment