Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Late Night Music 09/09/09

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 9th
wow 09/09/09 wow

Only one thing matters today. and that is...

Jay-Z
11:30pm on Letterman (CBS)
If anyone would like to ever get in a fist fight with me I can give you one sure-fire way to make it happen. Tell me that American Gangster is a bad album. I can't promise I'll win the physical fight, but you'll be hurting. Hospital hurting.

With that said, there is no way Blueprint 3 is going to disappoint me. And it's pretty easy to lose my vote when it comes to hip-hop. "D.O.A" is a great song, although it took some time for me to get accustomed to it. "Run This Town" is obviously an instant hit because Rihanna can do no wrong and even with Kayne's shitty shitty shitty verse it still has pop appeal.

I won't know for sure whether this album is great or not until I hear the whole thing in high quality, but on paper (Drake, Kid Cudi, Justice samples, Pharrel etc.), it's kind of blowing me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment